This site was down for the last 48 hours as I migrated over from Slicehost to Linode. Slicehost had some unbelievably bad response times, with my pages taking upwards of a minute to respond and load. More than just my webserver, my code repo became completely unresponsive; and when I can’t code, I’ve got a problem. After the Slicehost support having no reasonable explanation as to why my VPS seemed to drop off the face of the earth every few days, I did some research and decided to give Linode a shot. After a bit of fighting with server technologies I got a new server up and running with a LEMP stack (that’s nginx as opposed to the typical apache-based LAMP). The response times are drastically better, and my new VPS is cheaper, has better specs than before, and Linode has some really good documentation for setting up common server stacks.
Another motivation for the switch was a recent post I’ve been trying to write, and the timeouts from my website when it was running on Slicehost was nuking my page udpates. Now, finally, I can post on my object model overhaul!
© 2018 Halogenica | Stumblr by Eleven Themes